LaCrosse Venom – Snake Boot Review
At worst, a snakebite can be dangerous causing loss of limbs or even your life. At best, a snake bite can ruin your fun-filled hunting expedition before it even gets started.
When hunting in dangerous snake country, you should consider a boot such as the LaCrosse Venom to protect yourself and your trip. The bottom line is that you need protection from these snakes bite. You never know when your foot may stomp down on a tail.
If you are in the market for the safest hunting boot, then the LaCrosse Venom Snake Boot should be on your list.
LaCrosse Venom Hunting Boot
Comfort and Snake Guard Protection
If you are hunting in an area with poisonous snakes, then you need a boot that will protect you. The LaCrosse Venom hunting boot provides snake protection and many other features you expect in a quality hunting boot.
Snake Guard Protection
Of course, we had to kick it off with the snake protection feature – being the boot’s distinguishing factor. The LaCrosse Venom is made of strategically placed leather, rubber and Snake Guard material for protection. These boots are tested by a third party to ensure a snake bite can’t penetrate the boot.
The LaCrosse Venom Snake Boot is also 18″ high to protect most of the lower leg from bites. A majority of snake bites happen between the foot and knee so you want to find a taller boot to minimize this risk.
If you’ve been hunting for years, you probably know that most snake-boots on the market leave you wanting when it comes to comfort. You simply can’t wear most of them for extended periods, more so during hot weather conditions.
The LaCrosse Venom boots are relatively lightweight and comfortable out of the box. The boots are warm, but not as hot as you might think.
Getting into most knee-high hunting boots can end up being a major ordeal requiring some assistance; the Venom’s are an exception. They boast a thoughtful side zipper that allows hunters to easily slip in and out of the boots. The boots laces extend fully to the toe, which allows you to adjust the tightness for a secure fit.
Most hunting boots claim to pack waterproof features, but few come close to what these boots can achieve in the rough. The LaCrosse Venom contains Scent Dry Technology – a specialized, waterproof, scent-free lining covering the entire boot for optimal protection.
Besides being waterproof, the Scent Dry Technology also contains antimicrobial treatments to reduce odor. This is an important consideration since we know odor can ruin our chances for hunting success.
LaCrosse Venom Scent Boot Features:
- Reliable and flexible 360-degree protection from snake bites.
- Crafted from genuine leather material along with a solid 1000 Denier CORDURA® Nylon fabric.
- Innovative side-zipper for easier removal of the boots.
- Reliable dry core, water-resistant lining that works at keeping your feet dry.
- Cushioned heel, platform and shaft for premium comfort.
The LaCrosse Venom has the features you want in a great snake boot. It deserves to be on your short list of considerations.
Things we like
- Offer great bang to the buck thanks to the affordable price tag.
- 100% waterproof boots.
- Made from high quality leather and 1000 Denier nylon.
- The scent dry technology makes them ideal for individuals who tend to sweat.
- Extremely comfortable and can be worn for extended periods of time.
- 3rd party tested as a reliable buffer against snake strikes.
Things that could be better
- Not as waterproof as a rubber boot.
- Side zippers could be stronger.
- Boots run small in size (order bigger).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How long can these boots last?
A. The boots are highly durable thanks to the solid materials used to design them. In most cases, you get a good five or six year out of them.
Q. Which sizes are available?
A. The boots are available in all sizes right from small to full size. However, it is highly recommended to order a size up so as to get the perfect fit that’s not too tight or loose.
Q. Is it possible to get the boots in other colors?
A. Yes. The LaCrosse is available in a wide array of Mossy Oak and Realtree camo patterns.
Safety is the top priority when you are looking for a snake boot. The LaCrosse Venom Snake Boot certainly delivers when it comes to safety. In addition to safety, the LaCrosse Venom is comfortable so you can wear them all day long. Let’s face it…a boot isn’t safe unless you have it on your foot.
- Full-grain leather with 1000 Denier nylon upper plus abrasion resistant toe cap for rugged durability
- Total protection with flexible 360° Snake Guard plus scent-free and 100% waterproof Scent Dry lining
- Side zipper for easy on/off with full lacing system for an adjustable, secure fit