Picture this: coming within arm’s reach only for your hand – or leg in this case – to get cut off before you can seize your prize. Well, that’s exactly what a snake bite is capable of – ruining your fun-filled hunting expedition before it even gets started. The worst part is, snake bites can be really dangerous as we all know, meaning your hunting buddies would also have to cut their trip short.
The bottom line is, as an ardent hunter you need optimal protection from such occurrences, as you never know when your foot may stomp on a tail. If the above scares you and are now in the market for the safest hunting boot you could possibly own, the LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot is your safest bet and below are some valid reasons why.
- How to Choose The Best Hunting Boots – Buying Guide
- Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Tracker Waterproof 1000 Gram Boot Review
- The Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer Hunting Boot Review
- Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife Review
- KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife with Hard Sheath Review
Snake Guard Protection
Of course, we had to kick it off with the snake protection feature – being the boot’s distinguishing factor. Besides the aesthetically pleasing snake-skin design on the side, the thick 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon uppers with snake guard protection offer an effective buffer against strikes. It is a knee-high boot designed using tough and durable materials, meaning snakes can’t penetrate in the LaCrosse regardless of how pissed they are.
If you’ve been hunting for years, you probably know that most snake-boots on the market remain wanting when it comes to comfort. You simply can’t wear most of them for extended periods, more so during hot weather conditions. These boots, however, are designed for all-day comfort thanks to a handful of nifty features such as the PU foot bed and EVA midsole that both work at providing extra cushioning. Moreover, these hunting kicks lace all the way down to the toe, providing much-needed support for your ankles and feet.
Getting into most knee-high hunting kick can end up being a major ordeal requiring some backup; the Venom’s are a rare exception. They boast a thoughtful side zipper that allows hunters to easily slip and out of the kicks. Well, not everybody likes how side zippers look aesthetically-wise, but after trying out the LaCrosse, you should change your mind and rightfully so. In a nutshell, it’s all about comfort with the zipper and not necessarily aesthetics.
Most hunting boots claim to pack waterproof features, but few come close to what these boots can achieve in the rough. For starters, they boast the exclusive Scent Dry Technology – a specialized, waterproof, scent-free lining covering the entire boot for optimal protection. In short, this technology single-handedly makes the boots ideal for most if not all outdoor activities and better yet, in any weather.
Editor’s Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Offer great bang to the buck thanks to the affordable price tag.
- 100% waterproof boots with Hydra technology.
- Made from high quality leather and fabric material.
- The scent dry technology makes them ideal for individuals who tend to sweat a lot.
- Built to handle any terrain.
- Extremely comfortable and can be worn for extended periods of time.
- Reliable buffer against snake strikes.
- The outsoles aren’t really as durable as the uppers.
- Water may leak in if immersed in large water bodies for long periods.
- Reliable protection from snake bites complete with a flexible 360-degree approach.
- Crafted from genuine leather material along with a solid 1000 Denier CORDURA® Nylon fabric.
- Innovative side-zipper for easier removal of the boots.
- Reliable dry core, water-resistant lining that works at keeping your feet dry.
- Cushioned heel, platform and shaft for premium comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How long can these boots last?
A. The boots are highly durable thanks to the solid materials used to design them. In most cases, you get a good five or six year out of them.
Q. Which sizes are available?
A. The boots are available in all sizes right from small to full size. However, it is highly recommended to order a size up so as to get the perfect fit that’s not too tight or loose.
Q. Is it possible to get the boots in other colors?
A. Yes. The LaCrosse is available in a wide array of colors, meaning it shouldn’t be a hassle finding one that suits your taste.
Overall, the LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot certainly deliver when it comes to safety. Whether you are a Texas hunter, Georgia farmer or a law enforcement officer somewhere in Afghanistan, these kicks will certainly serve you right. They are extremely durable and comfortable – the perfect duo of features in any hunting boot. If safety ranks tops on your list of priorities when out shopping for a quality hunting boot, the LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot would be a great start.